Dear artinCINEMA readers,
After four years of independent operation artinCINEMA has reached a point when it needs your help.
The project was launched in 2013 to make Eastern European experimental films visible to a larger public. Over the last four years the site became the biggest online database for non-narrative films made by filmmakers who were born in a region once known as the "Eastern Block". The database consists of around 600 films made by over 130 artists. There are 36 essays and several different info sections (news, events, extra) to provide a more detailed and up-to-date overview of the Eastern European experimental film scene.
But there is still a lot to be done...
Since its birth the project has been kept completely independent of any governing body. There are no advertisements, restrictions or paywalls. artinCINEMA is free and available for everyone - but as the database grows it takes more and more investment (money and time) to keep up the project.
If you believe that artinCINEMA is worthy, please contribute to its growth with a small donation.
Your donation will help:
- to get a bigger storage space for the website
- to expand the database
- to provide more up-to-date information
- to prepare and commission more articles
- to include more people in the project
- to organize screenings in the region and beyond
... and to share the rich and diverse experimental film culture of this region all around the world.
Thank you for your support!
- NOTE: You do not need a Paypal account to donate! Give your Donor Information, hit Donate and follow the instructions on the next page. Thank you for your support!